Last Modified: August, 19 2020
Signature Self-Storage at Choto (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website https://signatureselfstorage.com (this “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- on this Website; and
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 16
This Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information to or on this Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at (865) 500-3111.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see Your California Privacy Rights below for more information.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of this Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, social security number, date of birth, gender, driver’s license number, military status and any other information that qualifies as personal information or similar definition under applicable laws, rules or regulations (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as business or employer information, payment history, and unit rental information; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access this Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through this Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, including contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business (for example, website hosting, data analysis, information technology, customer service, email delivery, auditing and other services).
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through this Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on this Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use this Website, subscribing to our service, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with this Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through this Website. You may be required to provide financial information before completing a transaction through this Website.
- Your search queries on this Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with this Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to this Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on this Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve this Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize this Website according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognize you when you return to this Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of this Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on this Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclosure Your Information below.
- Web Beacons. Pages of this Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- to present this Website and its contents to you;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to this Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please please contact us at (865) 500-3111. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information below.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about this Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may unsubscribe from similar promotions or correspondence via the “unsubscribe” link within the email.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights below for more information.
[Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: email@example.com.[However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute’s opt-out requirements.]]
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
[California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights below for more information.]
[Your California Privacy Rights]
[If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit [HYPERLINK TO CCPA PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS].
[California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [EMAIL ADDRESS][ or write us at: [MAILING ADDRESS]].]]
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of this Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to this Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on this Website.
12366 S. Northshore Drive
Knoxville, TN 37922